- Cushex Drops-S™ is a 100% safe and effective, non-addictive, natural herbal supplement. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine to promote adrenal and pituitary gland balance, health, and functioning in dogs and cats, Cushex Drops-S™ can make all the difference to adrenal gland health without the risk of serious side effects.
- Cushex Drops-S™ contains a unique and scientifically chosen selection of herbs known for their beneficial effects on promoting balance in the endocrine system, specifically the HPA (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal) axis, thereby supporting many functions of the body. It can be used to help the body naturally mitigate the effects of long-term exposure to high levels of cortisol, supporting healthy energy, strong skin and coat, digestive health, and more.
- Like humans, all pets are exposed to a fair amount of daily stress, which eventually taxes the system. Excited “good” stress, such as a trip to the beach or reacting to guests in the house, has the same cumulative effect on the body as “bad” stress, such as going to the vet or kennel, and can lead to a buildup of cortisol.
- In a healthy pet, the pituitary gland produces adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH), stimulating the adrenal glands to secrete glutocorticoid, or cortisol hormones, into the bloodstream.
- Cortisol is necessary for the body's health and functioning, affecting your pet's metabolism, nervous, immune, and cardiovascular systems, as well as kidneys. When the pituitary gland or adrenal gland malfunctions and excess glucocorticoid is secreted, your pet develops Cushing’s disease. As a result, your pet may begin to experience increased appetite -- the most noticeable effect of long-term exposure to cortisol -- and frequently beg, become possessive of food, or get into the garbage.
- You may also notice increased thirst and water consumption in your pet, leading to more frequent urination and indoor accidents. Hair loss and thinning, especially around the elbows, flank, and abdomen may also occur after extended cortisol exposure.
- PetAlive is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in an FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). PetAlive homeopathic products never contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals.
- Cushex Drops-S is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Dandelion, Burdock, Astragalus.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is well-known as a supporter for the liver, kidneys and adrenal glands and will help to support normal adrenal functioning. Dandelion also contains vitamins and minerals important for hair health and growth and has been studied for its antioxidant activities.
- Burdock (Arctium lappa) is a cleansing and eliminating herb and is excellent at cleansing the tissues and supporting waste removal from the body.
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceous) is an herb which has been used for many centuries as a revitalizing herb. Astragalus is known as an adaptogen and helps to support balance in the adrenal glands. It helps to maintain healthy adrenal cortical function and is important for supporting blood pressure and blood sugar levels already within the normal range. Recent research confirms the positive effect of Astragalus in supporting the immune system.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) has a long history of being used to help with cortisol levels and for its liver protecting and immune balancing effects.
- Eleuthero root (Eleutherococcus) is commonly just referred to as ‘Eleuthero’ and is highly respected and prized as a natural energy tonic to support energy, circulation, and natural vitality and to act as an overall systemic supporter. Eleuthero is comparable to Ginseng and is an excellent supportive tonic for healthy adrenal hormones. It has also been shown to have anti-stress, anti-inflammatory and liver protecting properties.
- How to use?
Mix drops into a small amount of food or a treat 2-3 times daily.
- Cats and Dogs under 20 lbs: 4-6 drops
- Dogs 20-50 lbs: 0.25 mL
- Dogs over 50 lbs: 0.50 mL
- One 60 mL bottle of Cushex Drops-S will last for 20-80 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.