- ACANA Free-Run Duck is a limited ingredient food featuring 50% duck, a single easily digestible animal protein that is perfect for diet-sensitive dogs of all breeds and life stages.
- Raised free-run in rural Ontario, our fresh duck arrives in richly nourishing WholePrey ratios of meat, organs and cartilage that mirror the natural diet, while fresh pear, squash and pumpkin support healthy digestion.
- Prepared from fresh regional ingredients in our award-winning NorthStar kitchens, ACANA Free-run Duck is ideal for fussy and diet-sensitive dogs. Read our ingredients and we think you’ll agree!
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Free-Run Duck is loaded with 50% duck.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/2 of the duck in ACANA Singles is FRESH and 1/2 is dried. All is from duck deemed fit for human consumption.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Singles feature a single animal protein in WholePrey ratios of meat, organs and cartilage.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Free-run duck – meat, giblets and cartilage from rural Ontario farms.
- ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENTS
Unlike conventional dog foods, ACANA’s rich fresh meat and WholePrey inclusions deliver essential nutrients naturally, eliminating the need for long lists of additives and supplements.
ACANA Free-Run Duck features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning NorthStar kitchens fresh each day!
Fresh duck (18%), duck meat meal (17%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, fresh duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (7%), duck fat (6%), fresh bartlett pears (4%), whole garbanzo beans, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, dried duck cartilage (2%), lentil fiber, marine algae (1.2%) (pure and sustainable source of DHA and EPA), fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole pumpkin, dried brown kelp, freeze-dried duck liver (0.1%), salt, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 31% (min)
Crude Fat: 15% (min)
Crude Fiber: 5% (max)
Moisture: 12% (max)
Crude Ash: 7.5% (max)
Calcium: 1.3% (min)
Phosphorus: 0.9% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.2% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.8% (min)
DHA: 0.15% (min)
EPA: 0.1% (min)
Glucosamine: 1200 mg/kg (min)
Chondroitin Sulfate: 1000 mg/kg (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/