- FCV Protect™ is a safe, effective, non-addictive natural remedy made of 100% homeopathic ingredients. Formulated by our team of experts in natural medicine, FCV Protect™ helps to temporarily relieve symptoms commonly associated with feline calicivirus (FCV) such as sneezing, nasal discharge, watery eyes, and respiratory discomfort in cats and kittens.
- FCV Protect™ is a powerful homeopathic formulation for addressing eye and nasal discharge and respiratory problems. Using a unique, proprietary blend of highly diluted natural substances, FCV Protect™ helps to relieve symptoms like loss of appetite, muscle and joint lameness, and blocked sinuses. It is made completely safe for kittens and pregnant queens with no risk to unborn kittens.
- Symptoms of Feline Calicivirus (FCV)
Feline calicivirus can occur when your cat comes into contact with the discharge from an infected cat. This can mean airborne droplets from sneezing, eating from a contaminated food bowl, or using the same bedding or litter tray as a cat already with FCV. It can be seen after a new kitten is introduced into a home, and FCV can spread quickly in a cat shelter, hospital, or home with multiple pets, making excellent hygiene and cleanliness vital.
FCV is typically characterized by upper respiratory symptoms and occasionally arthritis. Other common symptoms and possible signs of FCV include: Discharge and redness of the eyes, sneezing, runny nose, mouth ulcers, a lack of appetite due to blocked nasal passages inhibiting sense of smell, joint pain, lethargy, and, in some cases, symptoms of a fever.
When a feline’s immune system is compromised the mouth, nasal passages, sinuses and upper airways can be affected, breathing can become hampered, and airways can become increasingly blocked and congested.
- PetAlive is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in an FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). PetAlive homeopathic products never contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals.
- FCV Protect is 100% homeopathic, contains these ingredients, and has the following indications (purposes): Allium cepa 30C HPUS, Borax 30C HPUS, Phos 30C HPUS, Pulsatilla 30C HPUS.
- Allium cepa 30C HPUS: sneezing, copious watery and acrid nasal discharge, hay fever, upper respiratory mucosa, cough.
- Borax 30C HPUS: hacking cough, expectoration, stitches in the chest, mucus.
- Phos 30C HPUS: larynx very painful, cough, congestion of lungs, pulmonary congestion.
- Pulsatilla 30C HPUS: stoppage in the evening, yellow mucus, cough with expectoration, yellow or greenish yellow, thick non irritating discharge.
- How to use?
FCV Protect may be administered to kittens younger than 12 weeks, newborn kittens, and pregnant queens. Though recommended for cats, it is safe for use on dogs.