- Inspired by our vast grasslands and northern lakes, ACANA Grasslands features fresh lamb, free-run duck, whole nest-laid eggs, wild-caught northern pike, and free-run turkey from western Canada.
- Brimming with fresh regional ingredients that are delivered FRESH or RAW daily in WholePrey ratios that mirror your dog’s evolutionary diet, ACANA Grasslands nourishes your dog naturally and completely.
- Trusted everywhere, carbohydrate-limited and protein-rich ACANA promotes peak physical conditioning in dogs of all breeds and life stages. Read our ingredients and we think you’ll agree.
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Grasslands is loaded with 70% meat.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/2 of the meat in ACANA is FRESH and 1/2 is dried. All is deemed fit for human consumption.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Grasslands feature 5 meats in WholePrey ratios of meat, organs and cartilage.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Grass-fed lamb – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local ranches.
- Free-run duck – fresh meat, organs, cartilage and liver from local prairie farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local prairie farms.
- Northern Pike – whole and fresh from Canada’s pristine lakes
- Free–run turkey – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENTS
Unlike conventional dog foods, ACANA’s rich fresh meat and WholePrey inclusions deliver essential nutrients naturally, eliminating the need for long lists of additives and supplements.
- ACANA Regionals - OUR REGION. OUR INSPIRATION.
Our regionally-inspired dog foods reflect our local heritage and are loaded with more meat than ever. Now with 70% meat (half is fresh) ACANA Regionals continues to express our rich diversity of fresh foods from western Canada’s vast ranchlands, prairies, and pristine waters.
Loaded with fresh regional ingredients, our unique foods feature an unmatched diversity of free-run poultry, whole wild-caught fish or heritage red meats and game that are raised, fished or ranched in our region and delivered to our kitchens FRESH or RAW each day.
Prepared to our Biologically Appropriate standards in our award-winning NorthStar kitchens, ACANA Regionals are rich in protein, low in carbohydrates and packed with 70% meat and 30% locally grown fruits and vegetables.
ACANA Grasslands features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or farmed by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning kitchens fresh each day!
Raw grass-fed lamb (8%), fresh duck (8%), fresh whole eggs (8%), lamb meat meal (8%), whole herring meal (7%), turkey meal (7%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, fresh wild-caught northern pike (4%), raw lamb liver (4%), fresh duck giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (4%), fresh turkey meat (4%), lamb fat (4%), whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole yellow peas, sun-cured alfalfa, pollock oil (2%), lentil fiber, dried lamb cartilage (1%), raw lamb tripe (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh bartlett pears, freeze-dried liver (lamb and duck) (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 35% (min)
Crude Fat: 17% (min)
Crude Fiber: 6% (max)
Moisture: 12% (max)
Crude Ash: 8% (max)
Calcium: 1.7% (min)
Phosphorus: 1.2% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.3% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1% (min)
DHA: 0.2% (min)
EPA: 0.2% (min)
Glucosamine: 600 mg/kg (min)
Chondroitin Sulfate: 800 mg/kg (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/