- AnalGlandz is a 100% safe, natural, herbal remedy that is used topically to assist with manual expression of your pet's anal glands. Regular use will also help to keep the anal glands and surrounding area healthy.
- The formula remains true to the whole spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bio-availability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy. This method of manufacture also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and maintains all active ingredients in perfect balance exactly as nature intended!
- Anal glands, or anal sacs, are two small glands present in both dogs and cats situated just below and either side of the anal opening. These glands produce a substance that is secreted through ducts just inside the rectum when pressure is put on the glands – most commonly by the passing of feces. This substance has a strong odor which is very unpleasant to humans but was probably useful to animals, especially in times gone by, for marking their territory.
- In modern-day domestic pets, anal glands can often cause health problems. Sometimes the anal gland secretions are not released naturally and build up – leading to thickening of the secretion and clogging of the duct. You may have seen your pet with his tail up, dragging his behind across the floor. This is an attempt to relieve the pressure and discomfort of impacted anal glands and is called scooting. Scooting can cause damage to the anus and indicates that your pet is having trouble with his anal glands and needs some type of intervention.
- Caring for the anal glands and promoting anal gland health is therefore very important to prevent problems.
- PetAlive is the leading brand of natural remedies known for safe, effective and quality products. All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in an FDA-registered and cGMP-compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS). PetAlive homeopathic products never contain artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and are not tested on animals.
- AnalGlandz is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Chamomile, Dandelion, Extract of Nettle, Yarrow.
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica urens) is excellent for natural cleansing, providing soothing support.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a well-known and effective herbal cleanser found all over the world. This herb will also act as an excellent skin cleanser and helps to release toxins.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) is widely used as a gentle cleansing and soothing herb.
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) will help to support the health of the skin around the anal glands.
- How to use?
Add 5-10 drops to 1/4 cup of warm water. Soak clean cotton swab in this solution and apply gentle pressure as a hot compress directly over the anal opening.
Maintenance dose: Repeat once or twice a week. May be used with Natural Moves for Pets™ for additional support.
- How long will a bottle last?
One 59 mL bottle of AnalGlandz will last for 15-60 days, depending on the size and needs of your pet.