Committed to making the world's best dog and cat foods, Orijen's NorthStar® kitchens are equipped with proprietary, state-of-the art fresh meat processing technologies that allow higher fresh meat inclusions than any other dog or cat foods. Orijen has been preparing award-winning dog and cat foods in their own kitchens for over quarter century and they never outsource - Orijen doesn't make foods for anyone else and they don't allow anyone else to make their foods either. No other North American pet food brand can make this commitment. All fresh local ingredients are delivered to Orijen's kitchens daily, supplying nutrients in their freshest, most natural and nourishing form.
- ORIJEN FREEZE-DRIED FOODS - REGIONAL RED: FRESH ANGUS BEEF, WILD BOAR, LAMB, HERRING, BISON & HERITAGE PORK
AN UNMATCHED DIVERSITY OF RICHLY NOURISHING RED MEATS TO MIRROR THE NATURAL DIET YOUR DOG IS BIOLOGICALLY ADAPTED TO EAT.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs and cartilage and fresh whole fish provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Fresh meats are the foundation of ORIJEN foods so all are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), then gently freeze-dried.
- Low-glycemic fresh fruits and vegetables maintain good digestive health and limit carbohydrates, while botanicals act as tonics and cleansers.
- Quick and easy, ORIJEN takes only 5 minutes to prepare by adding a 1/4 cup warm water to each medallion and 3-5 minutes to rehydrate.
- There are 20 nutritious and delicious servings for an 11 lb dog in each 16 oz bag, or you can break up a medallion and sprinkle it over ORIJEN dry food to tempt fussy eaters.
- Gently freeze-dried in our own kitchens without cooking or preservatives, to lock in natural, life-giving goodness and provide all the flavour and nutritional benefits of raw foods.
- Ingredients: Beef (ground with bone), wild boar (ground with bone), lamb (ground with bone), whole herring, bison (ground with bone), beef liver, spinach greens, pea fiber, lamb liver, pork, pork liver, beef heart, lamb heart, beef tripe, whole salmon, whole ground sunflower seeds, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, whole carrots, whole cranberries, whole blackberries, whole blueberries, apples, pears, plums, apricots, brown kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, dandelion root, summer savory, peppermint leaf, ginger root, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 36% (min)
Crude Fat: 35% (min)
Crude Fiber: 5% (max)
Moisture: 4% (max)
Calcium: 1.7% (min)
Phosphorus: 1.4% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.5% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1.1% (min)
DHA: 0.3% (min)
EPA: 0.3% (min)
Glucosamine: 300 mg/kg (min)
Chondroitin sulfate: 300 mg/kg (min)
- Warm Reminder: Are Orijen bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
Above is reply from Orijen on official site regarding packaging. For details please visit: https://www.orijen.ca/faq
- For more details, please refer to: Orijen Grain free Freeze Dried Dog Food - Regional Red 170g / 454g