|Committed to making the world’s best dog and cat foods, Orijen's NorthStar® kitchens are equipped with proprietary, state-of-the art fresh meat processing technologies that allow higher fresh meat inclusions than any other dog or cat foods. Orijen has been preparing award-winning dog and cat foods in their own kitchens for over quarter century and they never outsource - Orijen doesn't make foods for anyone else and they don't allow anyone else to make their foods either. No other North American pet food brand can make this commitment. All fresh local ingredients are delivered to Orijen's kitchens daily, supplying nutrients in their freshest, most natural and nourishing form.|
- ORIJEN REGIONAL RED FOR ALL LIFE STAGES: FRESH ANGUS BEEF, WILD BOAR, PLAINS BISON, ROMNEY LAMB & YORKSHIRE PORK
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE: MIRROR THE QUANTITY, FRESHNESS AND VARIETY OF MEATS YOUR CAT IS EVOLVED TO EAT.
- With 40% richly nourishing protein, and a limited 17% low-glycemic carbohydrates, ORIJEN nourishes cats of all breeds and life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other cat food, 2/3 of ORJEN’s meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 ingredients.
- 1/3 of meats are gently dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage provide virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive – only zinc, copper and choline are added.
- Infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh angus beef meat (8%), fresh wild boar meat (4%), fresh plains bison meat (4%), fresh or raw romney lamb meat (4%), fresh yorkshire pork meat (4%), fresh beef liver (4%), fresh wild boar liver (4%), fresh beef tripe (4%), fresh whole pilchard (4%), fresh whole eggs (4%), lamb (dehydrated, 4%), beef (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 3.5%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 3.5%), mutton (dehydrated, 3.5%), beef fat (3.5%), fresh beef kidney (3.5%), fresh beef heart (3.5%), pork (dehydrated, 3.5%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fiber, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, fresh pork liver (1.5%), fresh lamb liver (1.5%), alaskan cod (dehydrated, 1.5%), herring oil (1%), lamb tripe (1%), beef cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), sun-cured alfalfa, beef liver (freeze-dried), beef tripe (freeze-dried), lamb liver (freeze-dried), lamb tripe (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg; Choline chloride: 1200 mg.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 40% (min)
Crude Fat: 20% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Crude Ash: 9.5% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Calcium: 2.1% (min)
Phosphorus: 1.6% (min)
Magnesium: 0.1% (max)
Taurine: 0.2% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.5% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1.1% (min)
DHA: 0.25% (min)
EPA: 0.2% (min)
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://www.orijen.ca/faq
- For more details, please refer to: Orijen Cat Regional Red