- Just like his wild cousins, your dog is a carnivore, designed to thrive on whole game and possessing a biological need for a diet rich and varied in fresh whole meats. That’s why we loaded ACANA Adult Dog with free-run chicken, wild-caught flounder and nest-laid eggs — farmed or fished in our region by people we know and trust and delivered FRESH in WholePrey ratios, so they’re brimming with goodness and taste.
- Free of grains and fast carbohydrates such as rice, tapioca or potato, ACANA is rich in meat proteins to promote lean muscle mass and peak physical conditioning.
- Prepared in our award-winning kitchens from Canada’s best and freshest ingredients, Biologically Appropriate ACANA keeps your dog healthy, happy and strong — guaranteed.
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Adult Dog is loaded with 60% meat — up to twice as much as most pet specialty dog foods.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/3 of the meat in ACANA is FRESH, supplying essential nutrients in their most nourishing form, and 2/3 are dried to provide a strong and natural source of protein.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Heritage foods feature three fresh meats in WholePrey ratios that include meat, organs and cartilage to supply nutrients naturally and completely.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Free-run chicken – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local prairie farms.
- Wild flounder – whole and fresh from North Vancouver Island.
- ZINC | OUR ONLY SUPPLEMENT
ACANA mirrors the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs and cartilage in ratios that deliver nutrients in the most natural way possible, providing a concentrated and natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive. That’s why virtually all of the nutrients in ACANA are naturally present and are not synthetic.
- ACANA Heritage recipes are our original Biologically Appropriate foods that celebrate our tradition of featuring fresh regional ingredients grown close to home by farmers, ranchers and fishermen we know and trust. That means ACANA Heritage foods are brimming with free-run chicken and whole nest-laid eggs from local prairie farms, plus wild-caught flounder from North Vancouver Island — all delivered in fresh WholePrey ratios to nourish your dog completely.
ACANA Adult Dog features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning kitchens fresh each day!
Fresh chicken meat (11%), chicken meal (10%), turkey meal (10%), red lentils, whole green peas (9%), field beans (8%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (6%), herring meal (5%), chicken fat (5%), green lentils (5%), whole yellow peas (4%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh whole flounder (4%), herring oil (3%), sun-cured alfalfa (3%), pea fiber, fresh chicken cartilage (2%), dried brown kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole parsnips, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh whole carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh Bartlett pears, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rose hips.
SUPPLEMENTS: Zinc chelate. Vitamin E (preservative).
*Contains mixed tocopherols (a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin- Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil). Also contains the probiotic Enterococcus faecium.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 29% (min)
Crude Fat: 17% (min)
Crude Fiber: 5% (max)
Moisture: 12% (max)
Crude Ash: 7% (max)
Calcium: 1.3% (min)
Phosphorus: 1% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.6% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1% (min)
DHA: 0.3% (min)
EPA: 0.3% (min)
Glucosamine: 1400 mg/kg (min)
Chondroitin Sulfate: 900 mg/kg (min)
Linoleic acid: 2.4% (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/