- Durable, full-stretch post. Cats need a scratching post that will allow them to get a full stretch. This 32″ post height allows the cat to stretch vertically while using the post (important for territorial marking purposes and for toning muscles).
- The finest materials and workmanship guarantee the scratching post will remain attractive and useful for years. Redesigned base is two pieces for extra durability.
- Sturdy 16″ by 16″ base eliminates tipping and wobbling.
- Fibrous and durable woven sisal naturally inspires scratching.
- Assembles with two included screws.
- Attractive and neutrally toned.
- The top red Quilted Pad (No.4006) is not included and can be purchased separately.
- SmartCat™ Training Tips:
1. Place the post in a room where the cat spends a lot of time. Cats often like to stretch and scratch when they wake up from a nap.
2. Scratch your nails along the surface of the material. This will attract the cat and at the same time teach him where to scratch.
3. After your cat begins to scratch, praise him and give him a food treat. (Small kittens can be trained to climb the post by showing them food treats and placing it at the top of the post.
4. If your cat has already been scratching a piece of furniture, place the post directly in front of it.