- ACANA Pacific Pilchard is a limited ingredient food containing 50% wild-caught pilchard, a single, easily digestible fish protein that’s ideal for diet-sensitive dogs of all breeds and life stages.
- Wild and sustainably caught off North Vancouver Island our pilchard arrives fresh and whole, in nourishing WholePrey ratios that mirror the natural diet, while fresh greens and pumpkin support healthy digestion.
- Prepared from the best and freshest ingredients in our award-winning NorthStar kitchens, this Biologically Appropriate food is perfect for fussy or diet-sensitive dogs. Read our ingredients and we think you’ll agree!
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Pacific Pilchard is loaded with 50% fish. All is from fish deemed fit for human consumption.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/2 of the fish in ACANA Singles is FRESH and 1/2 is dried.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Pacific Pilchard features a single animal protein in WholePrey ratios of fish, organs and cartilage.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Pacific pilchard – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENTS
Unlike conventional dog foods, ACANA’s rich fresh meat and WholePrey inclusions deliver essential nutrients naturally, eliminating the need for long lists of additives and supplements.
ACANA Pacific Pilchard features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning NorthStar kitchens fresh each day!
Fresh whole pacific pilchard (25%), whole pilchard meal (18%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole garbanzo beans, pilchard oil (7%), fresh green kale (1.5%), fresh spinach greens (1.5%), fresh turnip greens (1%), cold-pressed sunflower oil, lentil fiber, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole pumpkin, dried brown kelp, freeze-dried pilchard (0.1%), fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 31% (min)
Crude Fat: 15% (min)
Crude Fiber: 5% (max)
Moisture: 12% (max)
Crude Ash: 7.5% (max)
Calcium: 1.1% (min)
Phosphorus: 0.9% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.5% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1.5% (min)
DHA: 0.4% (min)
EPA: 0.3% (min)
Glucosamine: 700 mg/kg (min)
Chondroitin Sulfate: 900 mg/kg (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/