- Reflecting the rich maritime harvest from Canada’s cold and pristine Pacific waters, ACANA Pacifica is loaded with fresh and regional Canadian fish, wild and sustainably caught off North Vancouver Island.
- Bursting with Pacific herring, pilchard, flounder, hake and rockfish that are delivered FRESH and WHOLE daily, ACANA Pacifica nourishes your cat naturally, without long lists of additives.
- Trusted everywhere, carbohydrate-limited and protein-rich ACANA promotes peak physical conditioning in cats of all breeds and life stages. Read our ingredients and we think you’ll agree.
- Made from Canada’s best and freshest ingredients in our award-winning NorthStar kitchens, our cat foods are formulated to our Biologically Appropriate and Fresh Regional Ingredient standards.
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Pacifica is loaded with 75% fish.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/2 of the fish in ACANA is FRESH and WHOLE and 1/2 is dried or oils. All is deemed fit for human consumption.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Pacifica features 5 wild-caught fish in WholePrey ratios of fish, organs and cartilage.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and cats derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Pacific Herring – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- Pacific Pilchard – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- Arrowtooth Flounder – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- Silver Hake – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- Redstripe Rockfish – whole and fresh from Canada’s North Pacific.
- ONLY 5 SUPPLEMENTS
Unlike conventional cat foods, ACANA’s rich fresh meat and WholePrey inclusions deliver essential nutrients naturally, eliminating the need for long lists of additives and supplements.
ACANA Pacifica features an unmatched variety of regional fish that are wild-caught by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning kitchens fresh and whole each day!
Fresh whole pacific herring (16%), fresh whole pacific pilchard (13%), fresh whole arrowtooth flounder (8%), whole herring meal (8%), pacific cod meal (8%), whole whiting meal (8%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, whole green lentils, pollock oil (6%), fresh whole silver hake (4%), fresh whole redstripe rockfish (4%), whole pinto beans,whole yellow peas, cold-pressed sunflower oil, sun-cured alfalfa, dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh bartlett pears, freeze-dried cod liver (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: Choline, Vitamin E, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate, Vitamin K.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 37% (min)
Crude Fat: 20% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Crude Ash: 7.5% (max)
Calcium: 1.5% (min)
Phosphorus: 1.1% (min)
Taurine : 0.15% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 2.2% (min)
DHA: 1% (min)
EPA: 0.8% (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/