- This Boreal grain-free diet is designed for small breeds, with specifically shaped small kibbles to help remove dental plaque and tarter on small breed dogs. By using highly digestible duck and dried whole eggs this is an ideal diet for small breed dogs with sensitive stomachs. This is an everyday diet which can be used to help keep weight off your dog as well can be used as a hypoallergenic formula.
- Using a core of beans and peas to replace the grains found in many dog foods, Boreal is a low carbohydrate, low glycemic index diet that will keep the dog feeling full longer and reduce spikes in blood sugar.
- 40% of the protein is from vegetables and fruits and 60% of the protein from duck, eggs and fish. Naturally preserved, we add Availa®Zn , an organic zinc that will help skin and coat conditions, especially with Northern breeds.
- Boréal pet foods are similar to the diets of your pet ancestors that occupied the Boréal fores regions of North America. We source local Canadian ingredients, grown and raised under world-class conventional agriculture quality standards, whenever possible. Our dry foods are made in Ontario using Green Whole Peas and Northern White Beans grown in the prairie-provinces and Southern Ontario. The meats used in our dry foods are from Canadian raised chicken, turkey, duck and sustainable salmon farms. Lamb is imported from New Zealand.
- UNDERSTANDING GLYCEMIC INDEX
Glycemic Index (GI) is a human measure of how quickly blood sugar levels rise after eating a type of food. The same effect happens in pets. Carbohydrates break down quickly and release glucose (a type of sugar) rapidly into the bloodstream. A low GI score is healthier.
A high Glycemic Index is associated with spikes in blood sugar, and plays a role in obesity and diabetes. Old style pet foods are full of cheap corn, potato and rice, which are all high GI grains. Not all grains are bad however, as oats, for example, have a low GI. Our Boréal Original and Boréal Vital formulas are both grain free. A low GI results in a slow release of glucose. Low GI pet foods leave dogs and cats feeling full longer. All Boréal foods use low GI peas, beans and meats as our base.
- Serving your pet with food that contains only low glycemic ingredients like meat, peas, beans, and good grains that take your dog or cat longer to digest and do not spike blood sugars, will go a long way to helping your them live a healthy life and avoid obesity.
Duck, Dried Whole Egg, Peas, Pea Protein, Menhaden Fish Meal, Northern White Pea Beans, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pea Starch, Flaxseed, Natural Duck Flavor, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Salt, Choline Chloride, DL- Methionine, Taurine, Lecithin, Mannanoligo-saccharides, Chicory Root Extract, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Apple, Carrot, Cranberry, Spinach, Tomato, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Pineapple Stems, Papaya, Blueberries, Cranberries, Green Tea Extract, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 29% (min)
Crude Fat: 18% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Calcium: 0.9% (min)
Phosphorus: 0.8% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 3% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 1.1% (min)
Energy: 3895 kcal/kg - 467 kcal/cup