- Boreal Original Lamb diet is a grain free food using lamb as a single source novel protein. Our Original Lamb uses both fresh meat and lamb meal as a protein source. Lamb is from New Zealand. This is an everyday diet, which can be used to help keep weight off your dog and additionally can be used as a hypoallergenic formula.
- Using a core of beans and peas to replace the grains found in many dog foods we also add in a herbal pack including blueberries and cranberries which improves the taste of the food as well add antioxidants with all their health benefits.
- Our Boreal dog foods also contain organic zinc Availa®Zn. Availa® Zn is easily absorbed and is much more accessible to a dog than other sources of zinc. Zinc is essential for healthy skin and coat.
- Boréal pet foods are similar to the diets of your pet ancestors that occupied the Boréal fores regions of North America. We source local Canadian ingredients, grown and raised under world-class conventional agriculture quality standards, whenever possible. Our dry foods are made in Ontario using Green Whole Peas and Northern White Beans grown in the prairie-provinces and Southern Ontario. The meats used in our dry foods are from Canadian raised chicken, turkey, duck and sustainable salmon farms. Lamb is imported from New Zealand.
- UNDERSTANDING GLYCEMIC INDEX
Glycemic Index (GI) is a human measure of how quickly blood sugar levels rise after eating a type of food. The same effect happens in pets. Carbohydrates break down quickly and release glucose (a type of sugar) rapidly into the bloodstream. A low GI score is healthier.
A high Glycemic Index is associated with spikes in blood sugar, and plays a role in obesity and diabetes. Old style pet foods are full of cheap corn, potato and rice, which are all high GI grains. Not all grains are bad however, as oats, for example, have a low GI. Our Boréal Original and Boréal Vital formulas are both grain free. A low GI results in a slow release of glucose. Low GI pet foods leave dogs and cats feeling full longer. All Boréal foods use low GI peas, beans and meats as our base.
- Serving your pet with food that contains only low glycemic ingredients like meat, peas, beans, and good grains that take your dog or cat longer to digest and do not spike blood sugars, will go a long way to helping your them live a healthy life and avoid obesity.
Lamb, Lamb Meal, Peas, Dried Whole Eggs, Pea Starch, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Northern White Pea Bean, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Flaxseed, Natural Lamb Flavour, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Lecithin, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Mannanoligosaccharides, Chicory Root, Apple, Carrot, Cranberry, Spinach, Tomato, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Pineapple Stems, Papaya, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Blueberries, Cranberries, Green Tea Extract, Taurine, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 28% (min)
Crude Fat: 18% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Calcium: 1.5% (min)
Phosphorus: 1% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.5% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.3% (min)
Energy: 3750 kcal/kg - 460kcal/cup