- Boréal Original Chicken diet is a grain free food based on chicken proteins - made using fresh Ontario and Quebec chicken. This is an everyday diet, which can be used to help keep weight off your cat and additionally can be used as a hypoallergenic formula.
- We use a base of beans and peas to replace the grains found in several cat foods and we also add a combination of herbal pack including blueberries and cranberries, thus improving the taste of the food in addition to added antioxidants with several health benefits.
- Boréal pet foods are similar to the diets of your pet ancestors that occupied the Boréal fores regions of North America. We source local Canadian ingredients, grown and raised under world-class conventional agriculture quality standards, whenever possible. Our dry foods are made in Ontario using Green Whole Peas and Northern White Beans grown in the prairie-provinces and Southern Ontario. The meats used in our dry foods are from Canadian raised chicken, turkey, duck and sustainable salmon farms. Lamb is imported from New Zealand.
- UNDERSTANDING GLYCEMIC INDEX
Glycemic Index (GI) is a human measure of how quickly blood sugar levels rise after eating a type of food. The same effect happens in pets. Carbohydrates break down quickly and release glucose (a type of sugar) rapidly into the bloodstream. A low GI score is healthier.
A high Glycemic Index is associated with spikes in blood sugar, and plays a role in obesity and diabetes. Old style pet foods are full of cheap corn, potato and rice, which are all high GI grains. Not all grains are bad however, as oats, for example, have a low GI. Our Boréal Original and Boréal Vital formulas are both grain free. A low GI results in a slow release of glucose. Low GI pet foods leave dogs and cats feeling full longer. All Boréal foods use low GI peas, beans and meats as our base.
- Serving your pet with food that contains only low glycemic ingredients like meat, peas, beans, and good grains that take your dog or cat longer to digest and do not spike blood sugars, will go a long way to helping your them live a healthy life and avoid obesity.
Fresh Chicken, Chicken Meal, Peas, Dried Whole Eggs, Pea Starch, Salmon Meal, Chicken & Turkey Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, source of Vitamin E), Northern White Pea Bean, Dehydrated Alfalfa, Natural Chicken Flavour, Flaxseed, Choline Chloride, Salt, Calcium Sulphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Lecithin, Zinc Methionine, Taurine, Mannanoligosaccharides, Chicory Root (Fructooligosaccharides), Dried Whole Fruits & Vegetables (Apple, Carrot, Cranberry, Spinach, Sweet Potato, Tomato), Digestive Pack (PROBIOTIC BACTERIA – Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Enterococcus faecium, DIGESTIVE ENZYMES – Papain, Bromelain, Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product), Herbal Pack (Blueberries, Cranberries, Green tea Extract, Barley Grass, Spirulina), Calcium Carbonate, Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Niacin, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium lodate
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 33% (min)
Crude Fat: 18% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Calcium: 1.4% (min)
Phosphorus: 1% (min)
Magnesium: 0.14% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 3.5% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.4% (min)
Energy: 3815 kcal/kg - 465 kcal/cup