- Inspired by our vast fertile prairies, rich soils and pristine lakes, ACANA Wild Prairie features unique regional ingredients delivered fresh from western Canadian farms and waters.
- Loaded with free-run chicken, turkey, whole nest-laid eggs and wild-caught fish from our cold northern lakes, delivered fresh daily in WholePrey ratios, ACANA Wild Prairie is brimming with natural goodness.
- Trusted everywhere, carbohydrate-limited and protein-rich ACANA promotes peak conditioning in all breeds and life stages. Read our ingredients and we think you’ll agree.
- Made from Canada’s best and freshest ingredients in our award-winning NorthStar kitchens, our cat foods are formulated to our Biologically Appropriate and Fresh Regional Ingredient standards.
- HOW MUCH MEAT?
Entirely free of plant protein concentrates, ACANA Wild Prairie is loaded with 75% meat.
HOW MUCH FRESH MEAT?
1/2 of the meat in ACANA is FRESH and 1/2 is dried. All is deemed fit for human consumption.
HOW MANY MEATS?
ACANA Wild Prairie feature 5 meats in WholePrey ratios of meat, organs and cartilage.
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, and dogs and wolves derive their nutritional needs by consuming prey animals; muscle meat provides protein; liver, kidney and tripe supply vitamins and minerals; bones and cartilage deliver calcium and phosphorus.
- Free-run chicken – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Free-run turkey – meat, liver, heart, kidney and cartilage, fresh from local farms.
- Nest-laid eggs – whole and fresh from local prairie farms.
- Wild-caught walleye – whole and fresh from Canada’s pristine lakes.
- Wild-caught trout – whole and fresh from Canada’s pristine lakes.
- ONLY 3 SUPPLEMENTS
Unlike conventional cat foods, ACANA’s rich fresh meat and WholePrey inclusions deliver essential nutrients naturally, eliminating the need for long lists of additives and supplements.
ACANA Wild Prairie features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, deemed “fit for human consumption”, and then delivered to our award-winning NorthStar kitchens fresh each day!
Fresh chicken meat (9%), fresh turkey meat (9%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (9%), chicken meal (8%), turkey meal (8%), whole herring meal (8%), whole green peas, whole red lentils, whole chickpeas, chicken fat (5%), fresh whole eggs (4%), fresh wild-caught walleye (4%), fresh wild-caught trout (4%), fresh turkey giblets (liver, heart, kidney) (4%), whole green lentils, whole pinto beans, whole yellow peas, pollock oil (2%), sun-cured alfalfa, dried chicken cartilage (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh mustard greens, fresh turnip greens, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh bartlett pears, freeze-dried liver (chicken and turkey) (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
SUPPLEMENTS: Choline, Zinc Chelate, Copper Chelate.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols, a tocopherol rich extract of natural origin – Vitamin E and Rosemary Oil.
- Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein: 37% (min)
Crude Fat: 20% (min)
Crude Fiber: 3% (max)
Moisture: 10% (max)
Crude Ash: 7% (max)
Calcium: 1.5% (min)
Phosphorus: 1.1% (min)
Taurine : 0.15% (min)
Omega-6 fatty acids: 2.9% (min)
Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.9% (min)
DHA: 0.2% (min)
EPA: 0.2% (min)
- For details please refer to official website
- Are the bags vacuum packed?
Contrary to popular belief, our bags are not vacuum packed. To keep our foods as fresh as possible, ORIJEN and ACANA foil lined bags are impermeable to oxygen transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. Once the bags are sealed, oxygen transfer is impossible.
Residual oxygen left in the bag when it is sealed depends on the amount of air pushed out by our air evacuation system (not to be confused with vacuum packing). Depending on how food enters the package, food density and ambient temperature, some bags will contain more air and some less.
While some of our packages will appear vacuumed and others not, the food in each bag will be equally fresh.
This is official confirmation from Champion Petfoods regarding Orijen and Acana packing. For details please refer to https://acana.com/faq/